We’re so proud of you for taking this first important step in giving the Gift of life.
It’s simple and easy to become a registered donor – it only takes a couple of minutes.
You can register online via the Medicare Express app.
- If you haven’t already download the app from the Apple Store or Google Play.
- Login using your Medicare details.
- Select “Organ Donation” from the Services menu.
- Select from the list of organs/tissues that can be donated or select “I want to donate everything below”.
- Don’t forget to select “Save Donation Preferences” once you’re done.
You can find the online form on the DonateLife website. You will just need your Medicare number to complete this.
Fill in the Australian Organ Donor Register form.
- print the form
- get it from a service centre
- call the Australian Organ Donor Register and we’ll send it to you.
Submit it at a service centre, fax or post it to us for free. These details are on the form.
If you give your Medicare number on the form, you’ll help us keep your details up to date.
Remember that anybody over the age of 16 years can be registered on the Australian Organ and Tissue Register.
Please don’t forget, once you’re registered, to share your wishes with your family as if the time comes, they will be asked to consent to donating.